Every woman wants a kitchen with luxurious finishes and ultra-modern looks. However, with this dream usually comes a hefty price tag. Luckily there is some good news though! Now you can have the kitchen of your dreams at a very affordable price. Read on for 10 great tips on how to make your kitchen look like a million bucks without leaving any holes in your purse:
- Hardwood floors are very popular, but unfortunately very pricey. If you want the look without the high cost, consider laminate wooden flooring. Laminate flooring looks just like the real deal, just without any hassle. DIY laminate flooring is available at many stores in Cape Town at very reasonable prices.
- Should you not be fond of the wooden floor look, try ceramic tiling for your kitchen floor. These tiles come in all shapes and sizes and you are bound to find just the right ones for your dream kitchen.
- Don’t go for costly sinks and finishes when it comes to your countertops and cupboards. Always try to get the DIY version of it, whether it be overlays on your counters or laminated wood for your cupboards.
- Go to your local Builders’ Warehouse for taps and cupboard door handles instead of having them custom made.
- Don’t get rid of old kitchen cabinets unless they are truly worn out. If they are still in a decent condition, apply laminate covers to them and they’ll be as good as new.
- Where possible, buy DIY for your kitchen. The more you can do yourself, the more you’ll save.
- If you want all of your appliances to match, get them all in a matching metal finish. Stainless steel finishes are very popular, cost-effective and great-looking.
- Instead of investing in ultra-expensive lighting options, make the most of the natural light filtering into your kitchen. At night, only one light-saving bulb is necessary.
- Only keep the essentials in your kitchen. If you don’t need something on a daily basis, don’t buy it. This goes for kitchen furniture as well as appliances.
- Make sure you invest in quality products, especially when it comes to laminated flooring. It might be cheaper, but be sure to shop around before buying any type of laminated flooring.
Things to consider when buying laminate flooring for your kitchen:
Laminate flooring is a very popular option when it comes to kitchen redecorating and remodelling. This is because of all the benefits associated with it, least of which is the fact that laminated flooring is one of the most cost effective flooring options available today.
When buying laminate flooring for your kitchen, be sure to consider the following points:
- Determine your budget: The first step to planning a cost effective kitchen makeover is to know exactly how much money you have to work with. Make a note of your total budget for the entire project as well as the total budget for the flooring. Knowing exactly how much money you can spend on laminate flooring will ensure that you do not exceed your budget.
- Shop around for the very best deal: Laminate flooring has grown to be very popular and this increase in demand has predictably resulted in an increase in supply. There is a lot of competition in the laminated flooring industry which works out in the customer’s favour because if you are willing to shop around a bit then you can find some really amazing specials and promotions.
- Choose the style wisely: There are many different options to choose from when selecting laminated floorings. Make sure that the colour and finish of the floor boards are timeless, practical and complement the overall style of your kitchen.
- The installation: It may be a good idea to buy laminated flooring that is simple to install if you are installing it yourself. The DIY approach to the whole installation process can save you quite a bit of money.
These few guidelines will help ensure that the laminated flooring chosen and installed in your kitchen is the very best option for you and your wallet!